It's not the end of the world
It's not the end of the world
Redundancy can be a difficult ordeal, hitting hard both mentally and emotionally. Rumours are bad enough but the actual day you are identified for redundancy can be personally traumatic. Your confidence can take a real bashing and you might well wonder if you’ll ever work again. However, thinking about the following questions could help build you back up again. Once you understand your knowledge, experience and abilities you can start to look for real opportunities.
- What can I do to make the decision better?
- Where can I find career satisfaction again?
- Has this last role been the right one? Do I want somehting different now?
- Have I been using all my talents, abilities, experience and qualifications to the full? Can I transfer them to a completely different role? If so, how?
- Was I doing the right kind of work at the right level?
- Was I working in an organisation that was the right size for me?
- Was I progressing as I would have wanted?
- Did I have the quality of life I really wanted?
- Can I progress my chosen career, despite this redundancy?
- Should I re-train or update my qualifications?
- I now need new challenges and opportunities – how can I find them?
- Could I start my own business?
- I’ve never had much time to pursue my out-of-work interests. Could I convert these interests into a new working life that would be more personally rewarding?
Going through a difficult time and want to talk it over -
contact us