We Can Work It Out
Monday, October 03, 2005
  Assessment Centres (2) Assessment Centres (2)

A good transparent and effective selection process may include an Assessment Centre, lasting one or two days or sometimes longer. Assessment Centres are considered by many organisations to be the fairest and most accurate method of selecting staff.

Usually, these are after the first round of interviews and before the final selection but they can be used as an initial selection process and are commonly held either on employers’ premises or in a hotel. This is because a number of different selectors get to see you over a longer period of time and have the chance to see what you can do, rather than what you say you can do, in a variety of situations.

Assessment centres typically include a number of elements:

Exercises used in Assessment Centres include :



For further reading :

All About Psychological Tests and Assessment Centres, Management Books 2000, 2004
How to Succeed at an Assessment Centre, Kogan Page, 2001
The Assessment Centre, AGCAS Video




Lynn Tulip
Career Management & Psychometric Consultant
W. 0870 411411
M. 07801 689801
E. lynn@assessment4potential.com
S. margot121
W. http://www.assessment4potential.com
 
Comments:
Hi Lynn Tulip, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on home base business I somehow ended up on your page. As your site is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about home base business, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.
 
Thanks for all your comments ....
Lynn
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Reflections and articles from Assessment4Potential - for people at career crossroads including resources relating to career management, CVs, job search, selection and recruitment.

Powered by Blogger

Business Networking events in your area

Search by postcode :

ARCHIVES
May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / October 2005 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / May 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / March 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / August 2009 / September 2009 / March 2010 /

    follow me on Twitter