We Can Work It Out
Thursday, September 27, 2007
  How will I Know? How will I Know?
Powered by ScribeFire.

As a career counsellor, one of my roles is to often ask powerful and meaningful searching questions. However for those experiencing a difficult and unhappy time at work, some of the ‘Why’ questions can be quite unhelpful.

The ‘Why’ questions [for example, why do I hate my job? And why can’t I find the ideal boss?] do not allow you to take responsibility for your self or to make positive
actions.

I prefer questions like :


  • “What options do I have?
  • “How can I make my current work more enjoyable?”
  • “How can I improve my situation?”
  • “What can I change?”

You can find your own answers to these questions and all the other questions that are around you being stuck and unfulfilled.
And with good facilitation, you can find your own solution from your personal and untapped resources.

Self-reporting questionnaires are a simple tool that can also help you clearly think through some of the challenges about what you want to do.

Why not contact us now and ask for the downloads from our website.


Lynn Tulip
Career Management Consultant
W. 0870 411411
M. 07801 689801
E. lynn@assessment4potential.com
S. margot121
W. http://www.assessment4potential.com


Are you part the
Business Scene?

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Reflections and articles from Assessment4Potential - for people at career crossroads including resources relating to career management, CVs, job search, selection and recruitment.

Powered by Blogger

Business Networking events in your area

Search by postcode :

ARCHIVES
May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / October 2005 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / January 2007 / May 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / March 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / August 2009 / September 2009 / March 2010 /

    follow me on Twitter